001 Aldo memorial - ENG
1) Dates and times
The 001 ALDO MEMORIAL award will take place from 12:00 UTC on Saturday 6 to 12:00 UTC on Sunday 7 November, 2021.
The purpose of this Award is to remember our beloved President and Founder Aldo Russi 1AT001, dead on february 2021.
All 11 meters operators are invited to partecipate, regardless of their Groups or Clubs. They will aim to connect as many Special Event Stations (SES) as possible. Each of them can be contacted only once.
Partecipants are intended exclusively as a Single Operators. They are not required to send any log. All ranks will be determinated by the logs received by the SES's.
3) Active SES
There will be on air several Special Event Stations (SES) from different countries, calling with the special call xxAT001. Each AT division with more than 50 members will activate 4 SES, according to the following method. For example from France: 14AT001/A (Alfa), 14AT001/L (Lima), 14AT001/D(Delta), 14AT001/O (Oscar), in order to compose the word "ALDO".
Divisions with fewer than 50 members will activate only one SES. For example from Switzerland: 15AT001.
Each SES can be composed of several operators, all members of the G.R.I. Alfa Tango.
At the end of the activation they will send their logs following the instructions provided by the organizing team. Paper logs are not allowed and a dedicated software will be reccomanted.
• 100 points for each connected SES xxAT001.
• 25 points for each SES with suffix xxAT001/A, xxAT001/L, xxAT001/D and xxAT001/O operating from the countries defined as in rule n. 3).
• Each worked country will give a multiplier.
• Completing the word ALDO with the 4 SES of the same country will give a multiplier.
For example, by working:
4 SES xxAT001 from 4 different countries: 4 x 100 = 400 points (and 4 different multipliers)
2 SES with suffix L and O in the same country: 2 x 25 = 50 points (and 1 multiplier)
4 SES with suffix A, L, D and O in the same country: 4 x 25 = 100 points (and 2 multiplier)
The final score will be computed as: 400 + 50 + 100 = 550 points wich will be multiplied for the 7 obtained multipliers totalizing a final score of 3850 points.
Will be prized the first three classified partecipants.
Each participant will be able to download a personalized digital award from www.alfatango.org, made by 1AT074 Max.
Becouse of the wide number of stations on air, we would like to remember that by our inscription rules who will contact at least 30 S.E.S. from 30 different countries will gain the opportunity to join the AT group as 2nd operator category.
50 AT stations despite the number of coutries will allow to join with the 3rd operator category.
An official flag QSL will be available for each SES. Requests can be sent HERE.
7) Further clarifications
• Contacts between SES are not valid. Each individual member of a SES can contact other SES's but only with its personal call sign.
• The frequency portion between .500 and .600 must be left free. The calls on .555 are admitted but then must be leaved immediately. Please do not abuse of .555 calls.
• The activity must be carried out exclusively in SSB.
• This regulation may undergo further changes, additions, etc. if necessary by the organizing team.